Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How Do We Know That God Is Really There?
A Mosaic Review
As a mother of a six year old I've had to answer my share of questions about our Christian faith.   Sometimes it's been easy to answer questions and other times not so much.  All I know is my family and I have been blessed richly in our lifetime.  God is good!


Recently I was given the opportunity to review How Do We Know That God Is Really There by Melissa Cain Travis and illustrated by Christopher Voss.  Published by Apologia, this book is a wonderful read for children age preschool and up.  Priced at just $16 this is must have in any home library.

This book is about a boy named Thomas and his father.   They loved spending time together at night in the tree house watching the stars and planets.    One night Thomas asked "Dad, how do we know God is out there"?   The book continues as his dad begins to examine the science of Edwin Hubble to explain that God is for real.  Using simple talk about the stars and galaxy help Thomas have a better understanding.

After reading this book Batman had a number of good questions to ask.   I could tell that he really absorbed the book in detail and was thinking about what he'd read.   Throughout the day he made comments about the book and even told his dad about it when he got home from work.

I enjoyed reviewing this book.  It's just 24 pages and is filled with beautiful pictures for your child to visually follow the story. 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment