Monday, July 15, 2013

Math CAN BE FUN!
I've learned that using games as part of our homeschool routine really motivates my six year old.  I love a break from the books and the fact that "Batman" is learning while having fun.    Batman think he's getting a break from school.   Shhhhh!  Don't tell him!!!

A few months ago I found the game Money Bags and thought it would be a perfect addition to our game library.   Can I just say that Batman and I have been playing it non-stop?   I can already tell a difference in Batman's counting skills and overall confidence with money.   Today he proudly went up to a cashier to pay for his drink.  He whipped out his wallet and gave her the correct amount.  YEAH!!
The game is simple to play.   A player rolls the die and moves their playing piece ahead on the board.   Each stop allows the player to collect a certain amount of money.    Before they get the money they have to spin the spinner that determines if they can't use a particular coin or if they put their money in  the Money Bags circle.   For example, a player could land on "wash the floor" and should count out $.44.   They might be able to use any coins or might not be able to use quarters, nickels, or dimes to make up the amount.  This is when your child really has to think of different ways to count out the amount due to them.   There are some special plays such as "bank exchange" that is another opportunity for your child to exchange money with the bank.  The player with the most money at the end of the game wins!

Enjoy!  Learning is fun!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are solely mine.  I wasn't asked to review this product nor was I compensated.



No comments:

Post a Comment