Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Math Mammoth Review

 MATH MAMMOTH
A Homeschool Mosaics Review
I have to say that I never heard of Math Mammoth before I did a review on them.   After asking a bunch of homeschool friends about it, I found that I was in the minority.  

 Math Mammoth offers affordable, quality workbooks, and worktexts for grades 1-12.    There are several ways to buy the curriculum.  First, you can buy a specific grade level sequence which is part of the Light Blue series.   Second, you can buy it arranged by topic, the Blue series.   There is also a Golden series  and Green series that consist of extra practice worksheets.   Prices range from $2-$7 for single topic downloads to $37 for full curriculum for the year.    

Free Math Assessments! Try this first to get an idea on where your child needs help.

Since I already have my math program for the year I decided to review the Blue series to help fill in the gaps where I thought my son "Batman" needed a bit more practice. 
I decided that Batman needed to work extra on geometry, place values, money, and measurements.   I simply downloaded the files and put each subject matter in a folder.  Each day we worked through the different concepts. Everything was explained clearly and I soon began to see that Batman was learning these concepts quicker then ever.  
Batman LOVES workbook pages!  Everything is so nicely arranged and is easy to read.  Books are done in color too.

PROS
Affordable

Aligned to common core
Download instantly or purchase book to be mailed

CONS
Need some supplies but what program doesn't.  
Ex.  manipulatives


I was so impressed with Math Mammoth that I've decided to switch our math program to their full curriculum.





Mosaic Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment