Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Pumpkin Book Reports

HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN BOOK REPORTS


I teach Creative Writing II in my homeschool co-op.   I have a wonderful group of 6-8 year olds that I work with.   I asked each child to pick one person to write a biography on.   To make it super fun I gave them all a pumpkin to decorate.   This helped solidify who the main character was in their story.   The kids were super excited to do this project.  

Batman choose to write about George Washington.  He did a great job on this project.  As you can see, he really got into decorating his front cover of his blank writing book and pumpkin.  I just love George's hair.

We've been working a lot on having a clear setting, main character, problem or event, and conclusion in our stories.   Stay tuned for tomorrow when I show you our "commercials" that we did with cereal boxes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment