Friday, December 27, 2013

HELLO FRESH PRODUCT REVIEW


I have an AMAZING product to tell you about today.  Hello Fresh is a company that delivers the recipes and all the fresh food necessary to make some amazing meals at home.   They take all of the legwork, planning, and hassle out of mealtime.  In return, you are one very happily, fed person.  

Hello Fresh is a subscription service that delivers right to your door.  Once you create an account you will be able to select your first delivery box.  You have to order in the system the Wednesday prior to the next Wednesday delivery (basically 7 days in advance).  Hello Fresh has 2 different meal boxes to choose from.  Classic and Veggie both come in 2 person or 4 person meals.   Choose 3 meals as your main choices or swap out via the optional menu.   Don't like the choices for that week?  Simply put your account on hold until the following week.

Here's how it works:

1. Hello Fresh makes amazing recipes.
Every week our chefs create amazing recipes for you that are easy to prepare. Our meals are interesting yet simple. And we ensure that your diet is balanced and varied.     

2.  Hello Fresh does the shopping for you.
Sit back and relax while we do all the work. We source only the highest-quality and freshest produce. We'll also introduce you to ingredients that you won’t find in your local supermarket.

3.  Delivery via FedEX is free.

We deliver your recipes and ingredients to your door every week on Wednesday. It's happiness in a box.

4.  You cook an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.
We take easy cooking to a new level. Recipes typically take only 30 minutes or less and don't require fancy equipment. Anyone can cook with Hello Fresh. Our mission is to get more people to cook and our beautiful step-by-step photo instructions will change the way you think about cooking!


Let me give a look at how my week went with

My box came promptly at 3:30pm via FedEX in perfect condition. Inside the cardboard box was an extremely well  insulated cooler that included three cooler packs on the bottom.   All of my meats and shellfish were still very cold and all of my produce was fresh.  Every bag was labeled to go with the specific meal I was 
going to make.  I love that there was no guess game!
  
The first meal I made was Hearty Beef Stew.   This was a big hit in our family.  My son loved the chick peas!!  That was an eye opener.   I was incredibly happy with the quality of the beef.   It was tender, and very low in fat.   We had enough for four bowls of soup!
.    
 I have to say that I never have cooked with eggplant before but chose the Warm Eggplant Salad to try something new.   IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!!!   My husband ate two heaping plate fulls!!!  Definitely something to try again.  The layers of flavor just made your mouth pop.  I was really happy to see that the quality of all of the vegetables was superb!
The yogurt marinated shrimp on a bed of rice was yummy.  The seasoning mix was just perfect and we really enjoyed this.  This was an extremely easy dish to make and was done in no time.

Here is some more information on the cost of Hello Fresh:
Cost per week: Classic Box (3 meals):
2 people $69
4 people $129

Veggie Box (3 meals)
2 people $59
4 people $109

Shipping is always free!

My thoughts...
We  LOVED this product and will be ordering again.   I loved the convenience mostly.  The quality of the products were fantastic and the meals came together quickly.   We have three people in our family and I think buying the 2 person meal plan would work because the portion size is big.

As a special offer to all of my Susie followers, I have a special discount to give everyone!   Sign up now and use code RMKN5J  at the checkout to receive $20 off of your first box!
ENJOY!


The products in this review were provided by Hello Fresh by Mosaic Reviews.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.






1 comment: