Thursday, August 30, 2012

FLASH CARDS

I found a neat set of flash cards on a recent trip to Target in their back to school section for just $1.39.  This handy key chain is filled with 75 blank cards in assorted colors measuring 2-1/8" x 3-5/16".   

My first grader "Batman" loves to read and I'm always trying to challenge him with new words.   I got out the Dolche Sight Word List and started printing words that he didn't know yet.    This list is great because it covers several different grade levels.

These cards could be used for vocabulary words, spelling words, teaching numbers, etc.   The possibilities are endless.    


Best of all, the key chain is super small and you can easily put it in your purse or bag.   We were at a restaurant the other day and used it while we were waiting for our food to arrive.   

Learning is fun!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look for those the next time I'm in Target. :)

    ReplyDelete