Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to introduce "Susie Homeschooler" to you all.    This has been something I've wanted to do for awhile and the time is perfect to do it.   Now if you would've asked me five years ago if homeschooling was to be part of my future plans I would've laughed and said "no way".   My son, the energetic, knowledge seeker that he is, made me look at things a lot differently though.  Did I have to follow the normal conventional path to learning?  I began to ask myself that everyday.   While my husband is a great "outside the box" thinker, I sometimes need a bit of coaxing.   Add in that a husband, who helped by doing a lot of research on homeschooling, plus talked to a whole bunch of teachers, homeschooling families, friends, and of course our own family, made our decision easy.   Our first year homeschooling went very fast and was a total adventure.   Not only did it give me total respect for all the hard working teachers in the world, but I also found myself getting excited about learning and sharing my knowledge with my son.

I hope to show you how we are making learning fun and interesting.   Hopefully we'll inspire you, have you try something new, and find something that you just have to use in your own homeschool journey.   We'll show you great products to help in your child's education and also have some wonderful giveaways.    Enjoy reading new tips, find yummy recipes, and get creative with crafts.    There's so much we'll be talking about and I hope it gets you all talking right back to us!

I'd love for you to follow along and join us as we start off the school year with some fresh perspectives.   We'll be posting all sorts of things and covering all age groups.   See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment